Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Database and Networking

A chain of incidents over the last one month brought back memories of the time we bade farewell to our last set of seniors at BITS (I distinctly remember how vulnerable and fragile I felt at the thought of being the eldest). I was reminded of some stark words that the-man-that-is Rohit Koul said :
"To grow/develop/prosper, a man, just like a computer system, needs two elements- database and networking"

It was much later that I made sense of the profound words!
Database = one's knowledge/skills/information-bank -> of course vital !
Network = the people one lives-with/is-connected-to/looks-at and listens-to !

I don't intend to bore you with details of the story. But I wish to share a lesson I learnt:
"One's database and network nourish each other"

The smarter one's network, the better his database grows.
The better one's database, the finer one's network grows.

Thank you Rohit Koul!

No comments: